List:       fedora-directory-devel
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5B389-devel=5D?= query: ldapu_ function struct
From:       William Brown <wibrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       2017-05-05 5:10:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

I've been looking at https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/issue/49053 and
noticed issues with the functions here. It seems we export a set of
macros (like ldapu_err2string) that overload on a symbol name. Given the
current usage of these, I think we can purge the macros, and the
function table and just rely on our default implementations of these.

The impact is that we would no longer support compilation on Windows.
Given that I don't think we have built on windows in maybe years, (our
remaining supported platforms are Linux and FreeBSD today), I would like
to purge this code and simplify this so that I can enable LTO.

If I don't hear anything in the next few days, I'll go ahead and do this
anyway,

Thanks,

--
Sincerely,