List:       fedora-directory-devel
Subject:    =?utf-8?q?=5B389-devel=5D?= Test coverage plugin for pytest
From:       Simon Pichugin <spichugi () redhat ! com>
Date:       2016-02-18 17:21:23

Hi team,

we need some module that will show us how much lines of code
is covered by tests. We can use pytest-cov plugin for this.

For starters, it works only on lib389 repo. But we need to figure out
the way to measure a coverage for our 389-ds the C code base too.

To get it work we need:
1) install python-pytest-cov package from Fedora or EPEL repos
or
1) install pytest-cov from pip
2) add "--cov-config .coveragerc --cov=lib389" to py.test command to
execute tests with coverage plugin

We shouldn't measure coverage for lib389/tests directory while executing
tests.
I've already merged the patch that creates .coveragerc config file
to omit this directory.

https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/48407

Also, here you can find an example of pytest-cov output.
https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/48407#comment:5

Kind regards,
Simon