List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    =?UTF-8?Q?Thanks_to_my_FESCo_friends!_=E2=99=A5=EF=B8=8F?=
From:       "Major Hayden" <major () mhtx ! net>
Date:       2024-04-26 13:41:54

Hey there,

I'm incredibly thankful for all of the support I've received while serving on the \
Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) since Fedora 38 in 2022. So many of you \
have taught me so many things and given me so much valuable feedback. ♥️

With that said, I won't be nominating myself for the Fedora 40 election cycle.

I remember getting a ping from Ben Cotton on IRC back in 2022 when he suggested I run \
for FESCo. The immediate feeling was "I'm not worthy!"[0] and Ben didn't put up with \
that for long. He was incredibly encouraging and after asking a few other coworkers \
for advice, I decided to go for it!

If you're interested in running for a FESCo seat, *you should*. It's a tough job that \
requires you to combine your knowledge and experience along with a walk in someone \
else's shoes that wants to make a change.

You will work with awesome people.
You will learn plenty of new things.
You will make difficult choices.

All of this work will make Fedora, and its growing ecosystem, a little better than it \
was the day before. That's what makes it all worthwhile. 😉

I wish the Fedora 40 FESCo nominees all the best and thanks again to everyone who \
supported me along the way.

(And no, I'm not leaving Fedora. You can still expect plenty of mediocre changes from \
me in upcoming releases!) 😆

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne%27s_World_(film)

--
Major Hayden