List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: F42 Change Proposal: Fedora Plasma Workstation (System-Wide)
From:       Vít_Ondruch <vondruch () redhat ! com>
Date:       2024-04-05 10:20:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

Dne 04. 04. 24 v 17:32 Kevin Kofler via devel napsal(a):
> Neal Gompa wrote:
>> By default, GNOME only presents the close window button. The other
>> buttons are missing, and there isn't really an intuitive way to
>> discover the other window management actions.

I agree that there are no other buttons. But still, Gnome opens the
windows in normalized state, not maximized what was the original claim.

> In the version I tried, and judging from end user reports, for several
> years, it did not even present that, leading to fun issues such as some KDE
> dialogs that could not be closed at all (because they were missing a "Close"
> button and relying on the window decoration exclusively).

I have never seen Gnome / Gtk app without "Close" button. I can imagine
that there likely can be issue for some non-Gtk app. I don't know.

In any case, I prefer to use Gtk apps for Gnome and I assume this is the
case for Gnome users. Similarly I won't be surprised if KDE users prefer
QT apps. Mixing the DE and frameworks might not always work without
issues. And this is not just about Gtk / Qt and Gnome / KDE. E.g. Java
apps might look out of place on both DEs.

Vít

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]