List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: So you can't just copy 'sources' from one package to another?
From:       Sérgio Basto <sergio () serjux ! com>
Date:       2024-03-27 19:23:29

On Fri, 2024-03-08 at 16:19 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> For mingw-* packages we (sometimes) have a separate package from the
> native package, eg. libgcrypt vs mingw-libgcrypt.  Therefore two
> different packages are sometimes built with the exact same sources.
>
> However I discovered copying 'sources' (ie the file) from libgcrypt
> dist-git to mingw-libgcrypt dist-git alone isn't sufficient to get
> the
> package to build.  You still have to download the source tarballs in
> libgcrypt, copy them to mingw-libgcrypt, and 'fedpkg new-sources
> <tarballs>' to upload them again.
>
> Isn't the lookaside cache shared across the whole of Fedora?
>
> (This doesn't matter, I was just wondering aloud.)

you may request an RFE on fedpkg-minimal [1] , fedpkg-minimal is
responsible for download the sources of the packages when koji starts
the builds. Take a look in fedpkg-base [2] is a very simple script ,
It shouldn't be difficult do what you ask, I think, it will be more
complicated define the concept and be accepted by upstream .

Best regards

[1]
https://pagure.io/fedpkg-minimal

[2]