List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Feedback wanted - pruning old rawhide chroots in Copr
From:       Sérgio Basto <sergio () serjux ! com>
Date:       2024-02-19 0:49:51

On Sun, 2024-02-18 at 23:45 +0100, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 4:25 PM Michael J Gruber
> <mjg@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >

> (snip)
>

> > I see this somehow connected to the discussion about signing keys
> > that
> > we had recently. A radical solution would be: branch rawhide, not
> > from
> > rawhide. So, at the "F40 branch point we had last week", we would:
> > - switch the "alias" rawhide from "meaning f40" to "meaning f41"
> > - rename rawhide chroots to f40 in copr
> > - set up new rawhide chroots ("follow [up] fedora branching")
> >
> > In most cases, "forked" packages in copr are misleading - they are
> > in
> > a chroot without having been built against any version of it.
> >
> > copr users would have to hit "rebuild", which should be OK.
>
> I like this idea. Move things that were built for "rawhide" into the
> "fedora-40" chroot, and start Rawhide empty, requiring fresh builds
> of
> things.
> Since there is no equivalent to the mass rebuild in COPR, that would
> also solve the problem of "stale" packages in Rawhide chroots.

I like the idea , instead Fedora 40 have the fork of rawhide build, it
became rawhide that have the fork of Fedora 40 build ...

I realize if build have {?dist} macro is easy if it is 3 or 4 release
old can be deleted .
And if not have {?dist} macro  , they have the build date ...

for example
https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/sergiomb/SambaAD/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/01177931-samba/

--
Sérgio M. B.