List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: just to let you know FESCo agreed to a preliminary injunction while we
From:       Roy Bekken <roy.bekken () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-02-09 16:04:48

On fredag 9. februar 2024 04:04:04 CET Steve Cossette wrote:
> I am not gonna reply to all of that because all we are doing at this point
> is repeating the same thing. But we are NOT stopping you from using x11.
> You can either build it yourself and put it on a copr (it's not like neal
> is using voodoo in his copr), use the copr we provide or …

This is extremely hostile towards new people trying linux for the very
first time, asking them to add a copr repo if they have problems with wayland
to try X11, its unlikely they ever heard this stuff before.

Most likely they are trying out Fedora on a live media.

> With the change proposal, fedora (as a distro) the kde sig has proposed to
> move away from packaging x11 for plasma 6, and by accepting the proposal,
> fedora (as an entity) agreed.
>
> Fedora has a reputation of moving forwards, not going backwards.

Moving so fast forward that they are leaving the users behind.

If Fedora is so great then why do I find stuff like this?
https://github.com/Zer0CoolX/Fedora-KDE-Minimal-Install-Guide

15 Forks and 167 Stars btw