List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Interesting difference between Koji and COPR (_isa macro)
From:       Sérgio Basto <sergio () serjux ! com>
Date:       2024-02-07 13:48:59

On Wed, 2024-01-24 at 17:56 +0100, Lumír Balhar wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Today I found out an interesting difference between Koji and COPR.
> autowrap package has this in its specfile:
>
> Requires: python%{python3_pkgversion}-Cython%{?_isa}
>
> Which is incorrect for noarch package but hold on. The resulting
> package
> from Koji requires:
>
> python3-Cython
>
> but in COPR, the result requires:
>
> python3-Cython(x86-64)
>
> and that breaks subsequent builds in COPR because python3-Cython does
> not provide python3-Cython(x86-64).
>
> In other words, if I rebuild autowrap in COPR and some other build
> later
> tries to install it, the installation fails because nothing provides
> python3-Cython(x86-64).
>
> It seems like %{?_isa} is not defined for noarch packages in Koji but
> it
> is in COPR. Is that a known problem/feature?

Hi,
Maybe is off-topic, but I found other difference of building in corp
and building in koji and is trick one

if I build a new package in copr, to exemplify, opencv where I removed
opencv.pc file, so every package that requires opencv.pc i.e. every
package which requires pkgconfig(opencv) will fail to build on koji ,
but not on copr, because koji works as just have one repo and there
just have the last opencv built while in copr opencv last build is
ignored and copr will use the previous opencv package that is in Fedora
repo.

In resume, please check if copr is pulling the correct packages to lead
to the right conclusions.

Best regards,

--
Sérgio M. B.