List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Re: A reminder: you cannot just "revert" package version bumps
From:       Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster () gmail ! com>
Date:       2024-02-01 8:47:09

On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 3:11 AM Kevin Kofler via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> If the distro-sync (which should be the default way to do updates
> at least on Rawhide, if not everywhere) mentions a package being downgraded,
> that is much more likely to be noticed.

I look forward to your formal change proposal
to replace what we know of today as upgrade
to be distro-sync.

While I will reserve judgement on the proposal
until I see the full details, I am going to say
that as today I am dubious that that is the right
way forward.