List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Orphaning all my packages
From:       Simo Sorce <simo () redhat ! com>
Date:       2023-10-03 17:19:20

On Tue, 2023-10-03 at 11:33 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Sérgio Basto wrote:
> > On Tue, 2023-10-03 at 10:25 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> > > a project
> > > where the primary sponsor and downstream no longer provides
> > > source code freely and openly
> >
> > what you are talking about ? all RHEL Source are freely available on
> > Centos Stream , and RHEL never was free .
>
> That's not the case, but I don't wish to go wildly off-topic
> about it either.
>
> _Most_ of the source is available, but not all of it.  This
> is a case where -- for me -- close is not good enough.
>
> To each their own.

Todd,
you can definitely choose where to contribute and that is fine, and
thanks for what you contributed till today.

However, *all* of RHEL code is available with "free as in freedom"
licenses to all RHEL customers, as the licenses dictate (and beyond as
we apply the same rigor to *all* code as if all were GPLed).
You can see that for free (gratis) by subscribing to the developer
subscription if you are curious.

Additionally *all* of the code is fully available in git form on gitlab
as part of CentOS Stream.

If that is not enough for you, that's fine, just do not spread false
information.

Thanks,
Simo.

--