List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    RFC authselect: mdns or mdns-minimal
From:       Pavel_Březina <pbrezina () redhat ! com>
Date:       2023-07-31 12:47:12

Hi Fedora,
I have this ticket opened against authselect:
https://github.com/authselect/authselect/issues/334

I am not user of mdns myself, so I wonder if non-minimal version of mdns
is something used and if it should be included in the authselect
profiles (or even replace the minimal version).

mdns support is already complicated since there are mdns, mdns4 and
mdns6 full and minimal versions of the module. Is it really required
nowadays? In might opinion, it might be good to move the logic out of
nsswitch into a configuration file.

Thank you for your feedback,
Pavel.