List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Macros in side-tag
From:       Dan =?utf-8?B?xIxlcm3DoWs=?= <dan.cermak () cgc-instruments ! com>
Date:       2023-07-28 6:24:29

Hi Vít,

Vít Ondruch <vondruch@redhat.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Koji has grown new functionality to enable setting macros in side-tag:
>
> https://pagure.io/releng/issue/11254
>
> I have asked FeSCo to approve to use them:
>
> https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3046
>
> My immediate use case is to improve the package bootstrapping
> experience.

This is great news, thank you for working on this!

Although I personally have no immediate use for this, I believe this
could be of great help for release-engineering and packagers performing
large scale experiments. Setting macros in side-tags gives is one of the
key features that the open build service provides via the so-called
project-config. This would allow simpler experimentation to globally
toggle build flags, build options or develop new macros entirely
(although COPR might be a better fit in a few instances).

Cheers,

Dan