List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: F34 Change proposal: Wayland by Default for KDE Plasma =?UTF-8?Q?Desktop=0D=0A?= (System-Wide Ch
From:       Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro () gnome ! org>
Date:       2020-12-29 22:20:46

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 5:01 pm, przemek klosowski via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> This is an old bug currently assigned to gnome-session. Should I
> reassign it to Wayland?

Please don't. That is an X11-specific bug; you can see the top 10
frames of the backtrace are all X11 code. I will reassign it to mutter,
but if you want it to actually get fixed, you should really report it
upstream, because the chances of it attracting attention on Red Hat
Bugzilla are slim. I recommend you only report GNOME bugs downstream if
you've found a downstream packaging issue or if you need the downstream
bug for blocker or freeze exception process.

I don't think this GNOME bug is in any way related to the topic of
whether KDE should default to Wayland....