List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: systemd-resolved
From:       Ed Greshko <ed.greshko () greshko ! com>
Date:       2020-09-02 3:09:38

On 2020-09-02 11:00, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 10:51 PM Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't see how this could possibly be spam. This is where the file is, is it
>>> not?

>>> I don't know what you're talking about here. Am I missing something? Is this a
>>> F33 Change? Exact content of my /etc/nsswitch:
>> Stated in the file or not, it is in fact edited by authconfig,
>> sometimes as part of RPM installation. Manual editing of it is not and
>> has never been stable without setting up some kind of configuration
>> management to restore RPM based modifications. Been there, done that,
>> with one of those 10-year solo admins who decided to hand-edit tweaks
>> but refused to permit management of the file.
>>
>> And oh, "files" always comes first because local config files should
>> always take priority over upstream network based services.
> authconfig is dead. But yes, nsswitch is managed by authselect.

I would state that slightly differently.

nsswitch.conf is now managed by authselect by default.

I say that since, as I've already mentioned, I have a F32 system which has been upgraded over time
from versions without authselect.   The upgrade didn't changed that.

So, to become more conforming to current practice I did just run...

authselect select --force sssd

--
The key to getting good answers is to ask good questions.