List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: systemd-resolved
From:       "John M. Harris Jr" <johnmh () splentity ! com>
Date:       2020-09-02 2:21:20

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020 7:14:35 AM MST Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 11:49 pm, John M. Harris Jr
> <johnmh@splentity.com> wrote:
>
> > Michael,
> >
> > The file is /etc/nsswitch.conf.
>

> You're wasting everyone's time with these low-effort spam posts.

I don't see how this could possibly be spam. This is where the file is, is it
not?

> Lest  anyone become confused, there is a big warning at the top of that file
> warning you that it is managed by authselect, and that manual changes
> will be overwritten.

I don't know what you're talking about here. Am I missing something? Is this a
F33 Change? Exact content of my /etc/nsswitch:

#
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# An example Name Service Switch config file. This file should be
# sorted with the most-used services at the beginning.
#
# The entry '[NOTFOUND=return]' means that the search for an
# entry should stop if the search in the previous entry turned
# up nothing. Note that if the search failed due to some other reason
# (like no NIS server responding) then the search continues with the
# next entry.
#
# Valid entries include:
#
#       nisplus                 Use NIS+ (NIS version 3)
#       nis                     Use NIS (NIS version 2), also called YP
#       dns                     Use DNS (Domain Name Service)
#       files                   Use the local files in /etc
#       db                      Use the pre-processed /var/db files
#       compat                  Use /etc files plus *_compat pseudo-databases
#       hesiod                  Use Hesiod (DNS) for user lookups
#       sss                     Use sssd (System Security Services Daemon)
#       [NOTFOUND=return]       Stop searching if not found so far
#
# 'sssd' performs its own 'files'-based caching, so it should
# generally come before 'files'.

# To use 'db', install the nss_db package, and put the 'db' in front
# of 'files' for entries you want to be looked up first in the
# databases, like this:
#
# passwd:    db files
# shadow:    db files
# group:     db files

passwd:      sss files
shadow:     sss files
group:       sss files

hosts:      files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns myhostname

bootparams: files

ethers:     files
netmasks:   files
networks:   files