List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal (late): Enable EarlyOOM
From:       Chris Murphy <lists () colorremedies ! com>
Date:       2020-08-04 16:37:10

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 8:46 AM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 04. 08. 20 v 16:05 Vitaly Zaitsev via devel napsal(a):
> > On 04.08.2020 15:48, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> >> In the meantime, if you want to keep earlyoom, don't use autoremove.
> > sudo dnf mark install earlyoom
> >

> I think the "don't use autoremove" is better suggestion ATM, because I
> don't really want to keep earlyoom on the system in case there is
> systemd-oomd or whatever should be the successor.

systemd-oomd is coming along but it'll be Fedora 34 most likely, but
possibly Fedora 35.

Hopefully there will be a way to do some kind of "rebase" where
recommended things are favored on upgrades (to a new release version),
but without having to obsolete them, and not applied to each update
within a given release.

--
Chris Murphy