List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: cmake-3.18.0-2.fc33 (or 3.18.0-1.fc33.1) in rawhide is broken!
From:       Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler () chello ! at>
Date:       2020-07-22 22:33:30

Neal Gompa wrote:
> So my understanding is that the option shouldn't work at all on CMake
> 3.11 in EPEL 8, as it does not exist in the man page:
> https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.11/manual/cmake.1.html

Older CMake versions had undocumented -H and -B options, which were supposed
to be always used together. In CMake 3.13, -H was renamed to -S, they were
made independent of each other, and they became documented.

See: https://cgold.readthedocs.io/en/latest/glossary/-B.html

I guess CMake 3.11 silently ignores the lone "-B.".

        Kevin Kofler