List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Problem with auto CMake out-of-source builds?
From:       Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler () chello ! at>
Date:       2020-07-07 14:25:13

Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> Proven-packages are changing SPEC files already using out of tree builds
> (with push..popd) and then disabling it globally.
>
> This is so weird.

Yes, I think that this is a completely pointless backwards-incompatible
change that just hides more error-prone automagic in macros instead of
sticking to the Fedora traditions of keeping the macros as simple as
possible. And the fact that it breaks the very packages that have been
already doing for years exactly what the feature is about makes it
particularly counterproductive.

        Kevin Kofler