List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Revise FESCo voting policy
From:       Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler () chello ! at>
Date:       2020-05-16 13:01:30

Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> One thing that I think this conversation thread *has* achieved is
> identifying that most Fedorans don't consider a FESCo member voting in
> favor of their own Change Proposal to be a conflict of interest. I
> think we should probably recognize this and take that out of the
> equation (which also has the side-effect of reducing the frequency we
> might need to deal with such things).

For the record, I *do* consider this a conflict of interest.

But there are actually many more conflicts of interest that are not
immediately recognized, even by the people concerned. Many FESCo members are
members of some workgroup and will thus be biased in favor of changes
submitted by that workgroup. Also, FESCo members are often Red Hat
employees.

        Kevin Kofler