List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Revise FESCo voting policy
From:       Chris Murphy <lists () colorremedies ! com>
Date:       2020-05-13 23:29:19

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 6:46 AM Vít Ondruch <vondruch@redhat.com> wrote:

> But then everybody felt strong that it is not possible, because if there
> was not official body approving this, that could be end of the world. So
> now, when we have that body, it gives blank approvals, because the
> members of the body cannot get themselves educated about the
> problematic? Can somebody explain me what is the reason for the process
> then?

The process catches subtle errors all the time that could cause
problems for users or other stakeholders, it helps keep Fedora stable
and on course.

And in particular with this specific change, is already well tested
elsewhere, NetworkManager folks were in favor, and it was discussed by
the Workstation working group prior to becoming a change proposal..
And in the original FESCo vote it passed with a majority of the votes.

> My proposal is that FESCo should put their stuff together and provide
> reasonable ruling or it should completely dissolve, because it proves
> itself useless. There are no reasons for the committee to gather
> together just to provide rubber stamps to changes.

Plurality decisions are frequent in most committees. In no possible
way was the process unreasonable.

And review your metaphors please: to use a rubber stamp means that
something is approved without assessment. That is self evidently not
the case. This is not resolved's first day at the rodeo.

--
Chris Murphy