List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Revise FESCo voting policy
From:       Miro_Hrončok <mhroncok () redhat ! com>
Date:       2020-05-13 13:08:09

On 13. 05. 20 14:45, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> When the change process was established, I always proposed that the
> change should be always pre-approved by default. The changes would be
> judged by the amount of feedback received on ML after their
> announcement. If somebody had strong concerns, it would be possible to
> bring this change to be judged by FESCo.

That isn't that bad of an idea, really.

> But then everybody felt strong that it is not possible, because if there
> was not official body approving this, that could be end of the world. So
> now, when we have that body, it gives blank approvals, because the
> members of the body cannot get themselves educated about the
> problematic? Can somebody explain me what is the reason for the process
> then?

Unfortunately, I don't full-time working week to dedicate to FESCo to reasonable
educate myself on *all* proposed changes and sometimes, I decide to abstain.
Does this mean I am disqualified of being a good FESCo member?

> My proposal is that FESCo should put their stuff together and provide
> reasonable ruling or it should completely dissolve, because it proves
> itself useless. There are no reasons for the committee to gather
> together just to provide rubber stamps to changes.

It reads a bit harsh to call all the time I actually do spend on FESCo stuff
useless :(

--
Miro Hrončok