List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Copr Build System - review of 2019 and vote for features in 2020
From:       Kevin Fenzi <kevin () scrye ! com>
Date:       2020-01-31 1:31:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 11:07:21AM -0700, John M. Harris Jr wrote:

> EOL is not, literally, EOL. EOL just means the complete end of support, in
> commercial products. Still doesn't mean systems with that version installed
> cease to exist. In Fedora, it simply means that it gets little attention, but
> contributors are free to do what they like, for the most part. Systems with
> that version continue to live.

Sure, but it also means there's no way to push updates for it, bugs
aren't allowed for that version and support channels are likely to just
tell you to upgrade if theres a difficult problem.

See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora-EOL-Support

> Pretty soon, in fact as of the next release, we'll have users who are actually
> stuck on an EOL release.

There will always be such users for a variety of reasons.

kevin