List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Fedora 31: dnf upgrade suddenly enables modular streams for protobuf
From:       Miro_Hrončok <mhroncok () redhat ! com>
Date:       2019-12-06 16:36:05

Today I've attempted to run "dnf upgrade".

It has the following in it:

Upgrading:
protobuf  x86_64  3.6.1-6.module_f31+6793+1c93c38e  updates-modular

Enabling module streams:
  ant
  eclipse
  maven

I don't consider this behavior adequate for a released Fedora version.

As a maintainer of dependent packages (Cura stack) I have tested and built it
against the nonmodular protobuf. What just happened here and how do I track it down?

dnf doesn't even tell me what module is this in. I suppose eclipse.

However, protobuf was not mentioned in https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2285

--
Miro Hrončok