List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Fedora 31 System-Wide Change proposal (late): No i686 Repositories
From:       Samuel Sieb <samuel () sieb ! net>
Date:       2019-09-11 7:21:30

On 9/10/19 4:28 PM, vvs vvs wrote:
> But that's actually the same that I was trying to say. Meeting that activity \
> statistics is the essence of such formal group. But grass-roots enthusiasts don't \
> have such commitments. They can do some work occasionally if time allows but there \
> is no strict agenda. This contradicts those expectations which you describe. So \
> while there are people ready to do some work sometimes they just don't meet those \
> criteria and this is not enough to be able to call them SIG.

And that's the whole problem here.  Those people are not able to do
enough work to keep i686 going.  As has been said here many times, if
you can get enough people to do the necessary work, then there is no
need for the i686 repos to go away.  But that just hasn't happened.

I don't think there are any requirement to create a SIG other than to
have a group of people interested in the topic.  The SIG still exists,
but it isn't doing enough to be able to keep i686 alive.