List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Fedora 32 System-Wide Change proposal: x86-64 micro-architecture update
From:       Göran Uddeborg <goeran () uddeborg ! se>
Date:       2019-07-23 18:23:56

I was going to argue this would make us lose a lot of hardware and
most likely a lot of our the hardware owners as users too.

But I see that most of what I planned to say is already said, so I'll
just add my: please, don't do this.

(My sample from home and work: out of 6 Fedora hosts expected to still
live during F32, 2 have AVX2, 3 have AVX only, and one has naither.)