List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Am I allowed to package this?
From:       Simo Sorce <simo () redhat ! com>
Date:       2018-09-10 18:44:27

On Mon, 2018-09-10 at 09:06 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Neal Gompa wrote:

> > > I don't think copr is appropriate either,
> > > https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#faq
> > >
> > > To me, makes it pretty clear that if it can't be in fedora, it can't be
> > > in copr either.
> > >

> > Kernel packages are definitely allowed in COPR, we just can't have
> > things that absent all other rules, Fedora can't carry anyway.
>
> kernel packages yes.  but kmods?
>
> This is the what I thought was unambiguous FAQ entry:
>
> "You agree not to use Copr to upload software code or other material
> ("Material") that:
> violates any rules or guidelines of the Fedora Project; ...
> "

What's wrong with kmods in COPR if the license is proper ?

/me who has just spent a few frantic minutes repairing an install that
used a kmod for a usb wireless card he had forgotten about and was
without network after kernel upgrade and reboot ...

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Sr. Principal Software Engineer