List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Am I allowed to package this?
From:       Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-09-10 12:32:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 7:27 AM Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Jan Rybar wrote:
>
> > Hi Abhiram,
> >
> > you can make COPR. No one asks, no harm done, everyone's happy.
>
> I don't think copr is appropriate either,
> https://docs.pagure.org/copr.copr/user_documentation.html#faq
>
> To me, makes it pretty clear that if it can't be in fedora, it can't be in
> copr either.

You need to go through the code (maybe use licensecheck -r to help) to see
if all the code is acceptable. If so I'll defer to Neal on the COPR
acceptability. Another alternative is until formal support is added to the
kernel you can look at packaging it in RPM Fusion. If it's truly FOSS but
just not acceptable because it's a kernel module it can go in the Free
repository. If it's using proprietary code (even if the project is GPL
licensed) then as long as it's redistributable, it can go in the Non-Free
repository.

Thanks,
Richard