List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: GNOME 3.30.0 megaupdate
From:       Ben Cotton <bcotton () redhat ! com>
Date:       2018-09-05 20:47:32

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 1:50 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> We used to always have a Change submitted for the GNOME update, but that
> stopped, I assume because it felt like kind of rote bureaucracy rather than
> helpful, since it was basically the same every time. Maybe it's useful after
> all to help keep communications open for situations like this?

It may come as no surprise given my role, but I'm in favor of
continuing to submit Change proposals for GNOME updates and similar.
I'd be open to a "shortcut" version of the Change process that
essentially says "hey, we're doing this again". But this way we'd get
visibility across teams and externally. For better or for worse, our
Change list is a starting point for marketing and PR, so it's
beneficial to have these sorts of things visible externally, too.

--
Ben Cotton
Fedora Program Manager