List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: [commops] Re: Introduction
From:       "Justin W. Flory" <jflory7 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-06-10 21:04:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

Some examples of C projects in Fedora:

    https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/OSTree

    http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/

    http://cockpit-project.org/

    http://www.gnome.org/gnome-3/source/

I mostly picked these examples from this page:

    https://whatcanidoforfedora.org/en#coding#c

But I've also added the Fedora development list in case anyone else has
better examples of C/C++ projects in Fedora than what I am familiar
with. Someone else may also chime in with more info than what I have. :-)

On 06/10/2018 03:36 PM, Alexander Marek wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> Is there any opportunities to do C++ or C coding as well with the fedora project? \
> I'm looking to beef up my knowledge of the language through experience.
> Regards,
> Alexander Marek
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jun 10, 2018, at 4:32 PM, Justin W. Flory <jflory7@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On 05/08/2018 08:35 AM, Alexander Marek wrote:
> > > To whom this may concern,
> > >
> > > My name is Alex and I'm studying Cybersecurity, with plans to go into
> > > the IT/Information Security field. Recently I've been studying for my
> > > Red Hat Certified System Administrator certification and hope I can
> > > bring my new skillset to help benefit my favourite distribution. I plan
> > > to pass my Offensive Security Certified Professional certification by
> > > the end of August. Alongside this, I'm currently taking college courses
> > > part time.Hopefully I can be useful, and I'm looking forward to seeing
> > > what the Fedora Project has in store!
> > >

> > Hi Alexander! Thanks for your patience on a reply. Welcome to the Fedora
> > Project! We're happy to have you here with us.
> >
> > It sounds like you have a solid background in infrastructure management
> > and IT. Have you considered checking out the Infrastructure Apprentice
> > program? It seems like the opportunities to contribute there are more in
> > line with your skills.
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Apprentice
> >
> > I've added the Fedora Join mailing list to this reply. If you have
> > further questions about getting involved and making a first
> > contribution, I recommend asking there.
> >

> > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/fedora-join.lists.fedoraproject.org/
> >
> > Hoping to see you around in the community!
> >
> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Justin W. Flory
> > jflory7@gmail.com