List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Could not execute switch_branch: Unknown remote branch origin/f28
From:       Rex Dieter <rdieter () math ! unl ! edu>
Date:       2018-05-29 12:40:23

Martin Gansser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i tried to update a few of my packages for f28, but this fails with this
> message:
>
> $ fedpkg clone nuvola-app-jango; cd nuvola-app-jango; git merge master
> $ fedpkg switch-branch f28
> Could not execute switch_branch: Unknown remote branch origin/f28
>
> f29 package builds fine:
> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/nuvola-app-jango
>
> How can i solve this ?

looks like the f28 branch disappeared?

Perhaps try (re)requesting a f28 branch (use 'fedpkg request-branch')

-- Rex

p.s. fedpkg request-branch help/docs need improvement it seems.  Initial
output includes:
Could not execute request_branch: Missing a Pagure token. Refer to "fedpkg
request-repo -h" to set atoken in your user configuration.

except 'fedpkg request-repo -h' makes no mention of tokens as far as I can
tell.