List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Orphan: mupdf/jbig2dec
From:       Zdenek Dohnal <zdohnal () redhat ! com>
Date:       2017-05-31 8:45:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On 05/31/2017 08:32 AM, Rémi Verschelde wrote:
> > On 05/30/2017 01:19 PM, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
> > > It sounds more like something to retire instead, at least on Fedora...
> > At least mupdf is needed in cups-filters as BuildRequire - cups-filters
> > uses it in pdftopdf filter, so abandoning it would resolve in more
> > difficult PDF printing in Fedora. And as I can see jbig2dec is in
> > BuildRequires for mupdf, I should take it.
> For what it's worth, I briefly maintained mupdf in Mageia before
> deciding to drop it from Cauldron (our development release) for the
> same reasons that Pavel mentioned.
>
> If you want to keep mupdf, I would advise to patch away the mujstest
> program, which is the one affected by most CVEs against mupdf over the
> last couple of years. Without mupdf, you'd be down to patching
> security vulnerabilities every 2 months instead of every 2 weeks... :)
I disabled mupdf in cups-filters - problem solved. We can retire it at
least from the view of cups-filters.

> Regards,
> Rémi

Zdenek Dohnal
Associate Software Engineer
Brno, Purkyňova 99, Czech Republic
RED HAT | TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED.

Every telecommunications Company in the Fortune Global 500 relies on Red Hat.

Find out why at Trusted | Red Hat