List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: F25 workstation, and (almost) hidpi displays
From:       Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-10-28 16:29:01

On 21 October 2016 at 21:41, Adam Williamson <adamwill@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
[..]

> Use the 'scaling factor' setting in gnome-tweak-tool. On my 1920x1080
> 13" laptop (yup, I have one too) I set it to 1.3; adjust for your
> taste. Firefox should respect that setting so long as you have
> layout.css.dpi set to -1 (which is the modern default), though I'm not
> actually sure if that works on Wayland. You can also set a 'minimum
> font size' in the Firefox advanced font settings, though even that
> isn't universally respected, I don't think (web font rendering
> is...complicated).
[..]
<a bit off-topic>
Setting a minimum font size in Firefox always works in my experience;
however there are multiple "minimum font size" prefs in Firefox
depending on the language a web page sets via the lang= attribute
(usually for the <html> element). To cut to the point you can set the
minimum font size for each language by changing the language in the
"Fonts for" drop-down list in the Firefox fonts settings dialogue
(Preferences -> Content -> Advanced).

</a bit off-topic>

--
Ahmad Samir