List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: glibc subpackage changes
From:       Florian Weimer <fweimer () redhat ! com>
Date:       2016-08-10 10:56:47

On 08/10/2016 11:47 AM, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 at 10:52, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > On Sunday, July 24, 2016 5:15:51 PM CDT Florian Weimer wrote:
> > > The background for these changes is twofold: We want to reduce minimal
> > > image size (also the gains a very small), and we want to pave the road
> > > towards alternative implementations (based on OpenSSL for libcrypt, and
> > > based on libtirpc for nss_nis).
> >
> > Bodhi has zero support for Reccomends and Suggests, we can not push out
> > updates with them. The use of Rich dependencies is not allowed.   See [1] for
> > more details
> >
> > [1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel-announce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/Q5LMMPVEORM76IOPGKYS4XJ6VZ2WLAAX/?sort=date
> >

> From what I can see, glibc.spec doesn't contain any rich dependencies
> (i.e. booleans) in Requires: or Recommends:. Do you have a specific
> issue with current glibc package?

My suspicion at this point is that the past FPC/Fesco guidelines wee
wrong, and the present tooling restriction is not just about
rich/Boolean dependencies, but also about weak dependencies.

Zero support for weak dependencies would actually be okay, sort of.  The
problem is that something treats the Recommends: as a Requires:, like
yum does (bug 1360781).

Florian