List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Pending ACLs
From:       Dennis Gilmore <dennis () ausil ! us>
Date:       2016-08-09 15:34:33

On Monday, August 8, 2016 10:36:11 AM CDT Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> Not works.

I do not understand what  does not work

> You need then talk with the requester and then decide to deny or not.
> And if he tries again, do the process again.
> What you can' t do is letting anyone waiting or making the package hostage.
Sometimes talking does not get anywhere and you reach an impase and you should
just leave the acls be pending. The package is not held hostage in anyway
shape or form. I honestly think you are attacking this from the wrong angle.

> About the notifications, yes, everyone get notifications if set your email
> properly or use @fedoraproject, and is working well as delivering.
> So increase the amount of notifications or do it in public lists will not
> fix the issue that is really is, the package
> owner. Would even piss of more the maintainers or other users ( in case of
> public )
not sure what this is dirrected at

> If he decide to ignore or just not reading, then all efforts to " increase"
> or " improve" notifications system is useless.
>
> Packages should have at least two lead owners and one group that can take
> equal decisions over it.
why?  please give some reasoning