List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    F23 Self Contained Change: npm 2
From:       Jan Kurik <jkurik () redhat ! com>
Date:       2015-06-23 23:48:58

= Proposed Self Contained Change: npm 2 =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/npm2

Change owner(s): T.C. Hollingsworth <tchollingsworth at gmail dot com>

Fedora 23 features npm 2, the latest version of the package manager for node.js and \
other JavaScript platforms.

== Detailed Description ==
While npm 2 is a major version number update, it contains little in the way of major \
changes. The version bump was necessitated by an API change permitting arguments to \
be passed to scripts executed by `npm run`. Another major change is to the way 0.x.y \
versions are compared by the semver library used by npm. For more information on all \
the changes, see the upstream release announcement. There are few end-user facing \
changes, beyond the addition of a couple features to the CLI.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
  -- Update all of nodejs-* basically
  -- Update npm of course
* Other developers:
  -- I might have to ask a couple other maintainers if they're okay with me updating \
                their packages. They usually are.  :-)
* Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines:
  -- Some minor updates to the Node.js guidelines are planned, however they are just \
                Nice To Have for the purposes of this specific change.
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
--
Jan Kuřík