List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: BlueZ Status in Fedora.
From:       Rave it <chat-to-me () raveit ! de>
Date:       2013-09-12 16:30:17

Current status update for MATE.

1. Creating an applet for using gnome-bluetooth inside MATE is a death project for \
me. The applet himself is working (thanks kalev), but using gnome-blutooth properties \
is a problem since 'properties' isn't a standalone application anymore and moved to \
control-center. In result a user needs to install control-center and deps which is \
totally worse.

2. after vacation time MATE upstream has decided to port mate-bluetooth to bluez5 \
which will come for MATE-1.8 maybe  and of the year or later. This means for f20 MATE \
won't support bluetooth. We will obsolete mate-bluetooth for the moment to avoid bug \
reports about this and re-activate it if it is ported to bluez5 during the release \
cycle of f20 and for f21.

3. A user of MATE desktop can use bluedevil from KDE for f20, which seems to be well \
working inside MATE. Bluedevil has also a systray applet. It would be very nice to \
mention this in f20 release notes.

4. From my personal side i won't block bluez5 for f20

Wolfgang