List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: BlueZ Status in Fedora.
From:       Adam Williamson <awilliam () redhat ! com>
Date:       2013-08-19 15:55:01

On Sun, 2013-08-18 at 14:28 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:

> It sounds like BlueZ5 is not ready for Fedora, betwen the "early alpha" XFCE
> code, and shipping git BlueDevil, mate and cinnamon don't appear to work with
> it ...

We're not even at Alpha TC1 yet, remember. It's not unusual for stuff
roadmapped for F20 Final to be in a fairly early stage at this point.
(Plus what mclasen pointed out about only blocking on GNOME and KDE).

> Basically we ship Fedora 20 in a state where one only of our major desktop
> environments supports bluetooth in a stable fashion? That seems kind of like a
> disaster waiting to happen.

Have you tried Bluetooth on our major desktop environments in F19? :P

(I kid, I kid, it mostly works well. But still, I have to pair my mouse
every damn time I want to use it, for instance.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey