List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: BlueZ Status in Fedora.
From:       Matthew Garrett <mjg59 () srcf ! ucam ! org>
Date:       2013-08-19 3:03:17

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 02:28:34PM -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:

> Basically we ship Fedora 20 in a state where one only of our major desktop
> environments supports bluetooth in a stable fashion? That seems kind of like a
> disaster waiting to happen.

The current release blocking desktops are Gnome and KDE. If those are
broken then F20 doesn't ship - if they're working, it ships. It'd be
unfortunate to ship a release that doesn't support the non-blocking
desktops, but (right now) it's fundamentally up to them to provide the
development effort to ensure that they have a full feature set.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org