List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: BlueZ Status in Fedora.
From:       Rave it <chat-to-me () raveit ! de>
Date:       2013-08-13 12:28:22

Am Tue, 13 Aug 2013 12:00:01 +0000
schrieb devel-request@lists.fedoraproject.org:

> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:26:05 +0200
> From: Kalev Lember <kalevlember@gmail.com>
> To: Development discussions related to Fedora
> 	<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Subject: Re: BlueZ Status in Fedora.
>
> On 08/13/2013 11:11 AM, Rave it wrote:
> > mate-bluetooth doesn't support bluez5, and upstream doesn't have started to port \
> > it. I don't expect that is is ready before f20 alpha or beata.
> > So it would be very nice not to push bluez5 into f20.
> > Also Cristofph Wickert asked me to clean up runtime dependencies for \
> > mate-bluetooth to avoid that xfce/lxde user don't have to be install to many mate \
> > packages if they want to use mate-bluetooth. It seems there is a plan that \
> > xfce/lxde also want to be use mate-bluetooth. (maybe)
>
> Can you use gnome-bluetooth instead?
>
> I mean, mate-bluetooth is just a fork on an older version of
> gnome-bluetooth. It probably made sense to use the fork when MATE was
> based on gtk2 (because you can't mix gtk2 and gtk3 librarires), but now
> that MATE has switched to gtk3, you guys should be able to switch back
> to gnome-bluetooth proper.

In general this is a possibility for the future (for fedora and upstream), because \
GTK3 is a development goal in mate upstream. But we have currently no fixed release \
date for MATE-1.8. And i'm pretty shure it doen't comes before next year. So GTK3 in \
MATE is a feature for f21/22. Other probs are:
1. gnome-bluetooth upstream has removed the fallback icon for autostart in \
session,.......no systray icon in other DE than gnome itself. 2. if gnome revert this \
change in upstream 'OnlyShowIn=MATE" needs to be added. 3. Also runtime dependencies \
needs to be checked, we don't want to be install more gnome as necessary in mate.