List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: Orphaning Slim
From:       Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2011-06-10 15:04:35

Am Donnerstag, den 09.06.2011, 13:40 +0400 schrieb Lucas:
> What kind of relation between Xfce maintainers and SLIM.

The Fedora Xfce SIG considered SLIM but we didn't use it because (at
least at that time) it had some problems with ConsoleKit.

We are still trying to get rid of GDM but we are more after LightDM now.
I have packaged it and it basically works on F >= 15, but the package
and LightDM requires some more work.

I don't think that Xfce upstream has a relationship to SLIM in
particular because the project seems pretty much dead.

> I always thought SLIM is just display manager, which can start
> whatever I want.

That is correct, but you either need to configure the default desktop or
use the sylm-dynwm script. For more info have a look at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LXDE#SLiM

Regards,
Christoph