List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: GRUB 2 in Ubuntu 9.10
From:       King InuYasha <ngompa13 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-12 5:10:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 17:17:07 -0400,
>  Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> wrote:
> > we've been left in a position of maintaining it and we've added some
> > real features that have been needed along the way as grub 2's progress
> > has been slow at best and some of the design decisions early on were a
>
> I was watching them for a while to see if was something I wanted to try
> and after the project went several months with no apparent commits, I
> figured this was something I probably didn't want to play with.
>
> Depending on grub2 to have active development seems a bit risky to me.

But, GRUB 2 development doesn't look inactive. There is a lot of discussion
going on in the grub-devel mailing list [1], and their revision log in their
GIT mirror (primary development is in SVN) has lots of commits listed in at
least the last year for grub2 trunk[2].

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/

[2] http://repo.or.cz/w/grub2.git?a=log