List:       fedora-devel-list
Subject:    Re: rawhide report: 20070430 changes
From:       Matthias Clasen <mclasen () redhat ! com>
Date:       2007-04-30 13:30:45

> buildsys@redhat.com wrote:
>

> > redhat-artwork-5.0.12-7.fc7
> > ---------------------------
> > * Fri Apr 27 2007 Matthias Clasen <mclasen@redhat.com> 5.0.12-7
> > - Drop the Bluecurve inheritance again, instead copy
> >   the Openoffice.org icons into the Fedora icon theme
>
> What was the problem with inheriting the icons? That would be useful if
> there are other missing icons in the Mist theme.

The problem with the inheritance was that Bluecurve contains Bluecurve
versions of a number of application-specific icons, and if Bluecurve is
inherited, we get the Bluecurve version of those, not the ones installed
by the application itself in hicolor, which generally are a better fit
for Mist. I've noticed this for the gnome-power-manager battery icons,
but I'm sure there are other cases.