List:       fedora-desktop-list
Subject:    Re: URGENT: users prompted to upgrade to F32
From:       Kevin Fenzi <kevin () scrye ! com>
Date:       2020-02-22 20:42:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 09:33:42PM -0700, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 10:52 AM Adam Williamson
> <adamwill@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > Since this is an API endpoint of a real system which needs to be
> > updated correctly when the release events actually happen, it should
> > have the benefits pkgdb used to be (the information should be reliable
> > and timely)
>
> Do we have stats on how many hits per second that current endpoint receives?

It looks like it gets less than 100k/day. So, one or less per second.

> It would be a bummer to inadvertently bring down Bodhi because of this feature.

Agreed. We should definitely make sure if we switch to this it can
handle the load, but it doesn't seem like it will be much of a problem.

> What do you think about having Bodhi write out a flat file to disk or
> something for Apache to serve in a similar way, so it doesn't have to
> go through mod_wsgi or touch the database for that URL?

We could, but I don't think it gets enough traffic to warrent that...

Something to discuss with the Bodhi development team.

kevin