List:       fedora-desktop-list
Subject:    Re: The status of Fedora Media Writer (was LiveUSB Creator)
From:       Matthew Miller <mattdm () fedoraproject ! org>
Date:       2016-04-14 14:34:28

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 11:31:06AM +0200, Martin Bříza wrote:
> Now we're trying to resolve this with dgilmore. Currently it seems
> we'll have to have a Windows machine running the builds or use
> upstream binary packages in Wine because it's not possible to just
> compile upstream Python using MinGW - it'd have to be heavily
> patched with some shady patches lying on random peoples' blogs.

Once built, is there a plan for getting this onto the mirror network?
If we make this the main download for Windows users, but don't mirror
it, I'm afraid our central infrastructure will fall over under the
load on release day.

(Infrastructure team, feel free to tell me if you're not worried about
that.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@fedoraproject.org>