List:       fedora-desktop-list
Subject:    Re: Please vote: xdg base dir spec
From:       Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-21 19:58:39

> Hi
>
> This is request for the WG members to vote on requiring all defaults
> apps/components in the workstation installation be compliant with the xdg
> base dir spec.

-1

I see no benefit for the Fedora Workstation as a product. It will not
really change the user experience. I only see more work that should
happen upstream in first place.

We could of course treat this as recommendation, but then again, I see
no benefit for a recommendation specific to the Workstation. If we
recommend it, it should apply to all Fedora packages.

Even though I disagree, I thank you for bringing this up.

Best regards,
Christoph