List:       fedora-desktop-list
Subject:    RE: Prevention of hosting a virus
From:       Hristo Petkov <vaeood () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-03-04 23:05:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Guys,
How can I check up whether my computer has some 'unwanted .com' files and clean them \
up.

I will tell you why I am asking this.
I am not worried about my computer - it is made to be such an 'iron' that it is \
unable to execute .com files at all, BUT if a .doc file for example catches a virus \
it may infect some other computers (for example of clients).

I catched a virus renaming a .doc file into .com.doc which when printed 'overasleep' \
the printer. I managed with this - I deleted the printer and installed it again and \
everything is O.K. The .doc file is gone and the information saved in a new file.

Yet I have a suspicion that there may be 'something remained'.
How can I check up and clean up the system.

Regards