List:       fedora-desktop-list
Subject:    Re: Bluecurve icons for OpenOffice.org
From:       Julien Olivier <julo () altern ! org>
Date:       2004-03-12 8:54:19

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 16:07, Garrett LeSage wrote:
> You can view a basic set of icons for OOo Writer at:
> http://people.redhat.com/~glesage/ooo_icons/
>
> There are many icons for OpenOffice.org (understatement of the year),
> so this is just a start.
>
> We're planning on hitting the most visible ones first and then will
> work our way through the others.
>
> Garrett LeSage
> Art Director, Red Hat

Not a comment about the icons themselves but what is preventing
OpenOffice from respacting fdo's icon theme spec ? It seems that there
are at least 3 icon "themes" available for OpenOffice currently (from
redhat, ximian and sun). Wouldn't it be worth hacking OpenOffice so that
it can load its icons from the desktop's icon theme ? I think it would
make life easier for icon designers.

And the same thing for Moilla/Firefox would be perfect, even if Epiphany
already respects fdo's icon theme (AFAIK).

Just my 2 cents though...

--
Julien Olivier <julo@altern.org>