List:       fedora-buildsys-list
Subject:    Re: PATH in mock disappears
From:       Colin Walters <walters () verbum ! org>
Date:       2012-01-03 18:35:44

On Tue, 2012-01-03 at 15:34 +0000, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 15:52:45 +0100, Elias Abacioglu
>  <elias.rabi@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > I have an issue. Trying to build a package in mock, package B.
> > Package
> > B requires a installed package, package A.
> > Package A installs on a custom PATH and requires the PATH to be set
> > in
> > order for package B to compile.

1) Change A to install a pkg-config file (.pc) which contains the
variable that should be added to the PATH.  B can then extract it in its
build scripts with "pkg-config --variable binpath A.pc"
2) Change A to install an executable shell script which, when run,
outputs the path element.  Relevant art: ls /usr/bin/*config on a recent
Fedora install with a wide selection of -devel packages.
3) Hardcode the path in B

Don't try to fix at the meta-build (mock) level problems which are
perfectly solvable at the component (package) level.