List:       fedora-buildsys-list
Subject:    koji/mash : resolving runtime dependency requirements
From:       Alan Franzoni <mailing () franzoni ! eu>
Date:       2011-01-21 11:08:41

Hello,
I hope this is not a dumb question. I'm asking it just before I start
coding my own script for such purpose.

My use case:
I create a new, empty tag, let's call it footag.

In that tag, I start building a project, le'ts say it's called barproject.

barproject has got some BuildRequires (that must be satisfied it it
has been build with kojid, but that's out scope right now) and some
Requires; let's say that it it requires mylib 1.0.0 and otherlib
2.0.0.

mylib 1.0.0 in turns requires exoticlib 1.5.0, and so on, forming a
dependency chain.

Now, my deployment machines are usually configured with standard
centos/redhat repos and another URL pointing to a mash-generated repo
for a certain tag.

Right now, when starting a new tag, I usually go for a pretty
time-consuming process like:

- try installing barproject 1.0;
- yum error: missing deps mylib and otherlib
- add mylib and otherlib to my tag
- try installing barproject 1.0
- yum error: missing dep exoticlib
- add exoticlib to tag

and so on.

So, what I'd like is to have a way to build a dependency chain based
on any build which is available in koji or external repos, so that I
can just tag builds or add repos to the machine. The ideal would be
something like:

> resolve_runtime_deps barproject-1.0.0-1
koji dep: mylib-1.0.0-1
koji dep: otherlib 2.0.0-2
koji dep: exoticlib 1.5.0-2
external repo dep (rh5-os-x86_64): glibc-2.12.10-10

Any clue? Do you think I'm doing anything wrong?

--
Alan Franzoni