List:       fedora-arm
Subject:    [fedora-arm] RPM available in the rootfs
From:       Jon Masters <jcm () redhat ! com>
Date:       2011-06-30 22:47:30

Folks,

Thanks to the hard work of many people (including Stefan's contribution
this morning to get some of the final nss bits and RPM in place, and of
course the groundwork put in place by DJ Delorie), we are now very close
to having rpm and rpmbuild. I fixed a problem with digest support
earlier, we're just waiting on fixing the RPM macros/teaching RPM about
armv7hl vs. armv7l, etc. in patches Dennis already has and will send me.

I'm hoping to get the remaining bits in place so that tomorrow's VFAD
can be spent building actual RPMs. We'll need to start by rebuilding
what we have but in real RPM format, then work toward slowly getting a
buildroot that we can use to rebuild everything again, and finally do
one more build to have a full featured build environment. It would be
awesome to get to a point tomorrow where we've got an armv7hl binutils
binary RPM and its deps at least, with anything else being a bonus.

Jon.